Monday 5 October 2015

To Restore NAV 2009 Missing Data using NAV 2005 FDB file

I was facing a problem while working on one of the addons i.e I couldn't see any data in NAV 2009 R2 database. But I wanted to test it so I asked my colleagues about how to get data. 

They guided me many approaches. But one of the simple approach which I felt easy and which I couldn't find anywhere in rest of the blog posts is to restore the data using its earlier fdb file.

So, I decided to write this blog so that it might be useful to others also. Firstly,

Open NAV 2005 fdb file in 2009 IDE. This can be done by just double clicking on database.fdb file in the below path.

(DVD_Folder\CsideClient\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client\database.fdb)

Once you double-click that folder, the following dialog box will appear in 2009 NAV IDE.



Specify your User ID and Password(blank). 



Specify the .fdb backup file pathname in the Database Name field.

Following are the steps you need to follow while setting up the 2005 database in 2009 R2.
Go to Tools - > Security - > Windows Logins - > Specify your User ID in the ID field, -> Click on Roles tab and Select Role ID as 'SUPER' as shown in fig. below.

fig: shows USER ID                                                  fig: shows Role ID

Once you are done with this. You can open the database, open the company and start using the data's in various table.


No comments:

Post a Comment